This is not uncommon as many service providers require an initial payment to help them cover the cost of materials and get started. However, we never recommend paying the entire amount upfront. The deposit should not be more than 20% of the overall job price and the service provider should be able to explain what it is being covered (e.g. initial costs).
Articles in this section
- Why communicate and book through Gawin directly?
- Customer Review Guidelines
- How do I contact the service provider interested in my job?
- How can I tell if someone has read my message?
- Setting clear expectations when hiring a service provider
- How should I choose a service provider?
- What do the stars beside the service provider’s information mean?
- How do I view ratings?
- How do you know that ratings are genuine?
- What if a tradesperson has no ratings?